Sunday, February 7, 2010

i don't wanna cry alone

I'm back in Newcastle.

The holidays have been good, but too short. Maybe its for the best, because any longer back home would make me reaaaaallly homesick.

As if I wasnt home sick enough now as it is.

I'm busy unpacking all the stuff i got out of storage and as I unpack I realised I haven;t heard the voices of my family since Friday night when just a few days ago I was at home arguing with my mom, being loud with my sister and cracking jokes with my dad. Oh the noise and warm family laughter. And now the sudden cold silence in my room, with me alone.

I broke down crying. Heck I'm crying while typing this. Its funny how you'd think you'd get used to it after 3 years studying abroad but I still cry every time at the airport. I still cry on the plane to Australia. And I still cry when I'm alone in my room for the first week or so.

I miss arguing with my mom. I miss my house. I miss watering my basil plant. I miss waking up to loud Johhny Jr's music blaring from my sister's room. I miss chasing my neighbours cats. I miss hiding behind the door and "greeting" (read: jumping out and yelling) my dad when he gets home from work. I even miss his loud thunderous farts. I miss watching TVB dramas with them. I miss family times together. And most of all I miss their voices. 

Its getting hard to see what I'm typing through all these tears. I cant wait to see them again in 5 days. 5 freakign days. It feels like eternity.

Time to wipe away my tears and get back to cleaning my room. :(

The stress is making me feel like taking a dump. *toddles off to the toilet*

No comments:

Post a Comment