Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tadaima~

First off: I passed my exams. Yay. 

Managed to come back from Melbourne healthy and swine-flu free! :D Tasmania was lovely, I dont think Hobart is as ulu as I thought it would be (heck, I doubt anywhere could be more ulu than Newcastle, hah!)

Sadly there was no snow in Tas, only ice, lots of slipper ice. No matter, I built an iceman with June! We found an abandoned carrot right at the top of Mt Wellington, and built him with our feet (i know, wtf right?) and bare hands (suffered mild frostbite after that, my hands felt like they were on fire!)

Ooh, Walter, if you're reading this, I found lambic beers in Tas (of all places! haha) I bought 2 bottles, one Kriek and one Cassis. The brand is Lindemans.. I hope I won't be dissapointed. My friend bought a Peach flavoured one.

Met up with the lovely Julian on the first day, its a pity he decided to go home the day we arrive in Tas. But he took us out for dinner with Matt and then we all went for a ghost tour at an old prison-chapel. Went trekking around some national parks, saw Tasmanian devils (not in the wild haha) and a few other wildlife like platypus and padmelons in the wild! On the last day Matt invited us to his lovely home for dinner (which he made himself, risotto!) Hmm, i could see myself working in Tas in the future... boring as hell but all I really need is a good fast internet connection and tv and I'm set. If I can endure 4 years in Newy, whats another few more years?? Plus I'd be pretty close to Micchy if she makes it into Melb Uni :D

After Melb and Tas, we flew back to Sydney. Brought Ty & John to Din Tai Fung for  a dumpling dinner. Had a black sesame (♥!) ice cream for dessert, which was so effing good coz they sprinkled crushed black sesame powder which added a delicous sesame-ish crunch to the already yummy icecream!!! I love black sesameeeeeee!! June & Ty's mango pudding tasted pretty yum too. Went and watched Harry Potter after that.

Had a shitty experience when we got to Adriano Zumbo's back in Sydney on Saturday. Took Timmy to Balmain coz I thought he'd appreciate the boutique shops there (which he did! he found lots of Aalto designed stuff which he had been ranting on about before we caught the train into the city) Then took him to Adriano Zumbo, this time earlier than last time coz it was like only 2.30pm or so, and you know what? NOT A SINGLE FREAKING CAKE LEFT. Not even the dry, non-refridgerator ones. Even the macaroons were gone, only about 8 unsquashed ones left. All that was left were 2 baguettes, and 3 quiches. WTF! 

And i thought, never mind never mind, theres still the cafe to go to. Homfg the place was soooooo crowded with people, nearly all the choccies were bought out, when we finally got a table the only thing left was I'm a Macaroon Not a Hamburger and Miss Marple, Deconstructed. Which left me dissapointed coz i really really really want another orgasmThe Younger Years or at least if not that, try a Paris:La Vie en Rose. But the "hamburger" was tasty nonetheless. Still, I can only call that foreplay in relation to The Younger Years. Damn you, Master Chef! You've stolen my good cakes away from me!!!

The new kids have moved into IH. I dont get any new housies this semester, boo :(. But it may be a blessing, seems alot of them are Americans (not that i have anything against them :P... they're just so..... American *cough*dumbndrunk*cough*). When i was doing my laundry late Sunday night I bumped into a huge group of Europeans, and one guy stopped to talk to me. Me! Looking like an amah with her laundry basket! I thought he was hot (fine lah, not that hot, as one girl pointedly said, he has a receding hairline wtf but so do I ok!) But he is tall, slightly tanned, curlycurly hair, has an accent and has a super big grin ok whats there not to love (other than the fact he could be gay :O)? 

I. Must. Talk. To. Him. On. Monday. Night! Zettai niiiiiiii!!!!!!! *fuyoh, bersemangat!*. And then after that I can go back to becoming the nerd hermit crab that I am and crawl back into my shell of a room for the rest of the semester, as my timetable this sem has been specially drawn out by the Devil himself. Oh God help meeeeeeeeee ;_____;

1 comment:

  1. Lindemans in Tasmania ? That's rich !
    Well, Sorry for reacting so late. How were they ? Remember to drink them real cold( should be marked on the bottle ).

    ReplyDelete