Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Come back! I can't live without youuuu~

Yes. Now that my rice cooker has died on me, I miss it more than ever.

I kinda suspected something was amiss when the clock on the rice cooker constantly said "11.48" and one day it dissapeared. I don't know whats wrong with it. It just died. I'm pretty sure I did not hurl it against the wall in a fit of abusive anger... though I must admit that there were times I couldn't be bothered to wipe the bottom of the pot befor sticking it in the cooker :P

But sure just that teensy weensy bit of water couldnt be the source of damage, could it? I've only been using it for slightly more than a year! Stupid Philips rice cooker!!! *GRRRR*

How am I supposed to have rice now?? :__;... I was looking forward to hot fluffy rice served with hot side dishes during these cold winter months...

Come baaaaaack~!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear!
    You could always cook it in a pot like I do and like countless generations of Japanese have done in the past ;)
    Put 1 cup of rice in a pot with 1,5 cup of water, let it soak for half an hour, bring to a boil, turn the heat down low, let it simmer for 20 minutes and turn off the heat : don't open the potfor another twenty minutes. Voila! Steamed rice a la Edo period and a la Walter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rice cooking lesson Walter :)

    My mom tried to teach me that method when i went back for the summer hols. Needless to say it i failed at it haha (that happens when you've been raised on electronically-cooked rice for 20 years haha!)

    So I caved and bought myself a new rice cooker :D.

    ReplyDelete