Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kimono Quilt!

The other day I was watching "He's Just Not That Into You" and at one scene in Anna's (Scarlett Johannsenn) bedroom, I couldnt help but notice the kimono-print quilt cover and matching pillow cases!! They were so pretty!!! I really really really wanted them!!!

So I couldnt take it anymore and I got into Stalker Mode and scrolled around IMDB and tried to get some leads. I found K.C.Fox, the set director... and proceeded to look on Facebook, my no. 1 stalk tool!

I did find him, but i wasn't sure if it was him... plus I was afraid I'd get a snooty answer since he is some big shot "director" (even if its just for the set lol). Then I found Peggy Casey, the set buyer and I thought she'd be more approachable plus she'd actually know where the covers came from. 

So one Facebook message later, her reply was "We had that bedding custom made. I suggest you find similar fabric and do the same. Thanks for liking it and good luck."

Damn! How do I even begin!?!? I did find a site that sells the fabrics, but I have no sewing affinity whatsoever. Heck, I even have a quilt-in-process thats still in process for the past 5 years!!

Recommend me a good tailor, one who is especially good at making quilt covers and pillow cases, anyone???????

No comments:

Post a Comment