Monday, May 25, 2009

Changes

After the past few clinical lectures, I kinda realise i need to make some changes to my lifestyle and health.

Some resolutions:

1. After my bottle of Chivas runs out, I'm not buying alcohol again. I think i shall try to avoid it at all costs.

2. I will buy SPAM no more than once in 2 months.

3. I will try to eat fruit once a day (winter fruits suck!! come back, seedless cheap grapes!)

4. I will try to excercise =_= (after my exams haha when i have eight weeks of nothing-to-do-ness)

Coz it will be a big joke if I die or get those disease which I am trying to prevent in other people. I don't wanna be a hypocrite!

And worse of all... I don't wanna inject insulin for the rest of my adult life!!!! ;A;.... *pinches abdominal fat protectively*

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!

    Nine years ago I decided to lose weight and get fit. Beginning it was hard, keeping it going even harder. I rode a bicycle hard for 30 minutes, twice a week, trained with weights once a week and kept to a 2000 kcal diet.
    I went from 83 to 69 kilos in 3 months.
    Seven years later, I was running 6 x 40 minutes every week, weight training 4 x a week.
    I ate 3600 kcal of balanced meals per day, just to keep my weight. I was totally fit. Yeah!

    And then my work caught up with me and I completely stopped. after 1,5 years I fell sick for half a year. After 2 years I weighed 90 kilos; BAh!
    Now I've started again ( April 20th)
    I jog 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes and I eat more veggies, less spaghetti ;), more fruit, lots of vegetable soups.
    I was aiming to take it slow and go for 250 grams loss per week ( in one year that would add up to 13 kilos) BUT...
    The first three weeks my weight hardly changed , that's OK, I know it's always like that. It's why so many people give up in the first weeks. ( "See ? It doesn't work for me. I quit.")
    Now I'm at 86 again ( 4 kilos in 6 weeks, not bad ) so I'm on the right track. I'm also getting fitter. I can feel it when running up the stairs at work.

    In a few weeks, I'm going to start weight training again.
    If I can do it, so can you Ihsara !

    Start slowly! Be patient. It'll happen.
    And read this
    http://www.cbass.com/CaloriesMatter.htm
    and this
    http://www.cbass.com/AerobicsNeedIt.htm

    In fact , look through the whole site ;)

    ReplyDelete